Girls in Tech Phoenix is excited to present the 2018 Scholarship Program sponsored by Axosoft! This post should answer any questions on the scholarship application process, timeline and participation requirements. Please review this carefully before applying.
- September 14, 2018: Applications due (11:59PM MST)
- September 24, 2018: Finalists notified
- September 25 – October 2, 2018: In-person interviews held with finalists and scholarship panel
- October 8, 2018: Winners notified
- October 8 – 22, 2018: These two weeks are to complete the 50-hour pre-program coursework
- By November 1, 2018: Bootcamp course begins
- By August 1, 2019: Bootcamp course completed
How do I apply?
Complete this form by September 14, 2018 (11:59PM MST is the deadline). We recommend you write out your answers first in a separate document and proofread your work before submitting. If the link provided does not work, please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://bit.ly/GITscholarship
What do scholarship recipients receive?
- Tuition paid directly to Bottega for Part-Time Report “Full Stack Developer” Program, a $7,500 value. For program details click here.
- Access to Bottega career placement services
- Access to mentoring through Girls in Tech PHX and Bottega during and after the program
- Upon completion of the program, you will have an opportunity for an Axosoft internship, after which you’ll be evaluated for a future full-time position
- Free admission to Girls in Tech PHX events for 12 months.
What are the application prerequisites?
We don’t expect you to have a technology background. Mostly, we are looking for applicants who are interested in learning new technical skills and up-leveling their career! If you are highly motivated and willing to do the hard work to learn and apply yourself, then this is for you! We are seeking candidates living in Arizona.
After receiving the scholarship, you will be required to complete and pass 50 hours of pre-course work prior to the bootcamp. Scholarship funds are awarded after completion of the pre-course work.
Is this scholarship open to high school students?
As long as the applicant is 18-years-old by the completion deadline (August 1, 2019), she may apply as a high school student.
Is this scholarship open to men?
No, this scholarship is only open to women.
Where will the in-person interview take place?
The interview will be conducted in person in the Phoenix Valley. We are seeking candidates living in Arizona.
What are the requirements for scholarship recipients?
The scholarship recipient is expected to:
- Contribute $500 toward tuition (installments can be arranged)
- Contribute $500 toward Girls in Tech PHX scholarship fund upon completion of the program to “pay it forward”
- Begin the program within 90 days of being selected
- Complete the program within 9 months of starting. Extensions can be made with documentation provided in the case of medical leave
- Must have internet access at home or through public wifi
- Must have access to a PC less than four years old or a MacBook Pro. For best performance, we recommend a system with 2.7 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD x2. If the recipient does not have access to the equipment, please notify Girls in Tech PHX and we can explore options to provide a loaner for the duration of the program
We also strongly encourage recipients to take advantage of the mentoring opportunities provided through Girls in Tech PHX and Bottega. Advancing your career is not just about acquiring new skills, it’s also about making new relationships that will open doors for you and also allow you to open doors for others.
What will my life look like during the course?
You should expect to spend at least 20 hours per week completing coursework for this bootcamp. This time should be uninterrupted and dedicated to your coursework.
Axosoft believes software is making a real and positive difference in the world, and we want to participate in making the world a better place through better software. That has been our purpose since 2002 and our overall vision has never changed. In 2014 we developed GitKraken, and it has quickly become the most popular Git GUI client for Windows, Mac, and Linux developers, taking the GIT community by storm.
We also have a strong vision of improving the tech industry as a whole. We launched the #ItWasNeverADress campaign in 2016 to ignite a conversation about women (or the lack thereof) in the tech industry. In order to make the tech industry a more diverse and inclusive landscape, we continue to speak up, mentor and provide scholarships for need-based students entering STEAM fields.